Associate Professor of Economics - Grand Valley State University (GVSU)
Ph.D. in Economics - University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign (UIUC), 2005
Office Address: 50 Front Ave. SW, 3052 LW Seidman Center, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, USA
Office Phone #: (616)331-7234
Department web page: http://www.gvsu.edu/economics
Research: Urban Economics, Public Economics, Applied Microeconomics
Teaching: Urban and Real Estate Economics, Microeconomics
Undergraduate level (at GVSU):
· Introductory Microeconomics, since 2005
· Intermediate Microeconomics, since 2006
· Urban Economics/Real Estate Economics, since 2005
MBA level (at GVSU):
· Introductory Economics, since 2010
· Managerial Economics (Strategy), since 2014
See updated publication page at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Laudo_Ogura
. Housing regulations
. Regional growth
. Fiscal competition
. Urban crime
. Drug war
. Housing Economics
Other Research Works
· Three Essays in Urban and Public Economics.
Ph.d. Dissertation. Champaign, IL, USA: University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2005.
· Ciclos Eleitorais: Uma Aplicação Para a Economia Brasileira (Electoral Cycles in the Brazilian Economy).
Master Dissertation. Brasilia, DF, Brazil: University of Brasilia, 2000.
· An empirical evaluation of the political business cycles models for the Brazilian economy – 1980~1999
ABSTRACT: This paper tests the "opportunistic" political business cycle models against a broad range of stylised facts for the Brazilian economy. I study the period spaning from 1980 to 1999, which encompasses the recent return to a democratic regime. The results show evidence in favour of the models in several aspects.
This article was presented in the Brazilian Annual Economic Meeting (ANPEC), Brazil, 12/1999 and was published in the meeting’s Proceedings [conference version in Portuguese]. The article is a preliminary version of the empirical work of the author’s Master degree dissertation, 6/2000. Further work is needed for reliable results (there are more recent works on the same subject by other authors). A draft English version (2000) can be found here (but it is not well translated).
The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the page author.
The content of this page has not been reviewed or approved by GVSU.